- Colloseum (other
- Erik Wilson has built a model of Colloseum that is much more
impressive (and complete) than mine. - But no lions. ;-)
Primigenia (other site)
- Erik Olson has built a beautiful, and quite impressive, model of the
Sanctuary of Fortuna Primigenia. It is a good example of how you can
build nice rounded shapes from basic bricks (you just need quite a
Ideas for models/sets
The following is a collection of ideas for models on a scale where every
LEGO builder should have enough bricks to build them (but maybe not the
right ones). I haven't built all of these models, and I would certainly
like to hear from people who have built some models that fit into this
- Horse races
- Statues, two chariots, and seats for some spectators.
- Race team
- Stables, horses, and a chariot.
- Lions, cages, "food", and seats for the emperor and
- Gladiators and seats for some spectators with the gladiators'
entrance to the arena.
- Small restaurant opening out to the marketplace.
- With goods and a stall for the market.
- With a section of the aquaduct leading water to the bath (even
though the water actually went down in pipes when entering town).
- With some performers entertaining the crowd.
- Could be with "packaged" with a warehouse on the warf or
- Fishing boat
- With a boatshed.
- With a crane.
- Packaged as a set, this should definitely come with parts that can
be used for at least two different ships.
- Tents, horses, and camels.
- Kitchen with fireplace, garden with pool and columns.
- Village house
- Copy of Astèrix's house.
- Something like Astèrix' village?
- What's special about them?
- Blue-headed minifigs attacking a piece of Hadrian's wall.
- Horses, tents, and lots of horses.
- Did they have "viking" ships that early?
What characteristic things do we know from the ancient Egypt, besides
the large things like the pyramids?
- Rush boat
- But not the large one in Alexandria.
- Farao's court
- Have a look in the Nofret comics to get some ideas.
- Lecturing a group of students (we need to add some "play value"
- With a triangle ("play value" needed).
- Didn't Pythagoras use his knowledge to measure the area of
- Spiral pump.
- Checking if the gold smith has cheated when making the king's crown
(put the crown in a tub). - What about having him run naked around in
town, like the story claims he did? :-)
Hannibal crossed the Alps with his elephants - and the rest of his
army - when invading Italy.
- Crossing the Alps
- Elephants carrying provisions.
- River crossing
- Construction crew working on a new bridge.
- Grand party.
- Warrior on a chariot.
- Pushing the rock uphill (just as usual :-).
What other subthemes can you think of? What other models belongs in this
environment? I have worked on the models listed below, the rest is still
only loose ideas, and everybody are welcome to use them.
- Spectators' seats
- Emperor's balcony
- Cart with goods and stall
- Fishing boat
- Village house
Thanks to Erik Wilson for
ideas and inspiration.